Data and images displayed on STAR's websites
are for experimental use only and are
not official operational NOAA products.
STAR Career and Research Opportunities
See additional vacancies:
Supervisory Physical Scientist, ZP-1301-5
More on this job at USA Jobs
||College Park, MD
(both SMCD and CoRP director positions)
|| $124,995 to $157,100 /year
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as the Supervisory Physical Scientist for the Satellite Meteorology and Climatology Division (SMCD), one of three Divisions of the NESDIS Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR).
- Exercise oversight responsibility for the three branch offices within the SMCD. The scope of the SMCD includes remote sensing instrument calibration and validation to ensure high quality satellite observations; development, monitoring, and updating of geophysical retrieval algorithms and applications; and development of inter-calibrated satellite-based multi-decade climate datasets to assess climate change and variability.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a robust SMCD research program.
- Lead diverse teams of government and contractor personnel.
- Communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
See: Qualifications details
|MERIT (status): NSDIS-STAR-2014-0008 (Merit)
DEU (non-status): NSDIS-STAR-2014-0007 (DEU)
||October 28, 2014
||November 17, 2014